Do you want a dish that is tasty, quick and easy? Then, this butternut squash dhal with red lentils will become your go to meal!
Check the recipe below!
Butternut Squash Dhal
This Butternut Squash Dhal is full of flavour and it is great accompanied with rice.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Red onion
- 1 tsp Garlic purée
- 1 tsp Ginger purée
- 1 tsp Mince red chilli
- 300 grams Butternut squash - diced
- 200 grams Red lentils
- 400 ml Coconut milk I used reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and add the chopped red onion, garlic puree, ginger puree, mince red chilli and curry powder and fry for 5 min
- Rinse the red lentils and add to the pot.Add the coconut milk plus 400 ml of water (refill the coconut tin). Add the vegetable stock and butternut squash.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Slow cook until the lentils are soft and the dhal has a thick and creamy consistency
|*Please note the nutritional information within this table is an approximate estimate.|